- Barton Creek is a natural cave in the Maya Mountains of Belize, the visit is done canoeing on the small river that runs through it.
- Cave Tubing the most popular adventure activity in Belmopan, Belize.
- Spanish lookout, the Mennonite people that live near San Ignacio and on the route to Barton Creek.
Day 1: Guatemala – Flores / Belize border – Barton Creek / San Ignacio
Departure from Guatemala City via AVIANCA 7972 or TAG at 6:30 am - 7:40 am. Upon arrival our representative will meet you at the Mundo Maya airport and then continue straight to Belize border 1.5 hrs.
Transfer to Tikal (approx. 1hr) explore the amazing Mayan Temple site at Tikal where huge Mayan temples rise above the jungle canopy and monkeys and tropical birds are abundant in the surrounding rainforest. After lunch guests will transfer to their hotel.
Upgrade MET tour (horseback riding)
Calico Jacks, Zip line experience.
Mountain Pine ride
San Ignacio Area 1N
Day 2: Cave Tubing / Spanish Lookout / Flores
Early in the morning transfer to Mexico border 3hrs. There take a boat to Yaxchilan on the Usumacinta river, Yaxchilan was an allied city of Palenque and Tikal, famous for their door lintels,
Flores or Tikal 1N
Day 3. Tikal tour / Flores - Airport
Today visit Bonampak inside the lacandon jungle in the valley of river Lacanhá, guest will have the opportunity to see the murals depicting various scenarios that occurred in the lives of the kings of this region. Afternoon private transfer to Flores, 3hrs.
Fly with AVIANCA; 7:10 pm departure from reaching Flores Guatemala City at 09:00 pm.
Fly with TAG; 06:30 PM output reaching Flores Guatemala City at 07:30 pm.
(D)-Desayuno (A)-Almuerzo (C)-Cena
Our recommended accommodation options:
The time with less rain and suggested best dates to travel is from November to April. The rainy season is from June to October, the rains are sporadic a couple of hours a day, and our trips are normal, considering the possibility of a shower. The Petén region the climate is generally warm throughout the year. December and January are the coolest months, ideal for traveling with blue skies and sunny days’ time.
Good to know
Petén is quite hot most of the year, we recommend:
- Light clothing.
- Comfortable footwear.
- Cap or hat.
- Camera, batteries, memory cards.
- Insect repellent.
- Raingear (June to Nov.)
To make your reservation please note we will need the following information:
- Date interested in traveling
- Names of travelers
- Pre-payment of trip
- Domestic flight Guatemala – Flores – Guatemala
- Comfortable transportation with A/C
- 2 nights at Tikal and San Ignacio area
- Barton Creek, Cave tubing at Cave Branch, San Ignacio
- Spanish Lookout
- Tikal shared or private tour
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fee
- Lunch at Tikal
- Purified water
- Tips & Gratuities
- Meals (dinner and lunch)
- Transfers Guatemala airport